This is very odd. If it is running fine on mesos, I dont see a obvious
reason why it wont work on Spark standalone cluster.
Is the .4 million file already present in the monitored directory when the
context is started? In that case, the file will not be picked up (unless
textFileStream is created with that option to process existing files set).
By default, only new files in a directory are picked up.

TD

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM, praveshjain1991 <praveshjain1...@gmail.com