Can you show us the program that you are running. If you are setting number
of partitions in the XYZ-ByKey operation as 300, then there should be 300
tasks for that stage, distributed on the 50 executors are allocated to your
context. However the data distribution may be skewed in which case, you can
use a repartition operation to redistributed the data more evenly (both
DStream and RDD have repartition).

TD