Hi gpatcham,

If you want to save as a sequence file with a custom compression type you
can use saveAsHadoopFile along with setting the "
mapred.output.compression.type" on the jobconf. If you want to keep using
saveAsSequenceFile, and the syntax is much nicer, you could also set that
property on the SparkConf but then it would apply in general. Looking at
the SequenceFileOutputFormat.java it seems the default is RECORD so if that
fits for you, you can just use the default too :)

Cheers,

Holden