From: Cheng Lian [mailto:lian.cs....@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:54 AM
To: Mohammed Guller; u...@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC
server

This thread might be helpful
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/tableau-spark-sql-cassandra-tp19282.html
On 11/20/14 4:11 AM, Mohammed Guller wrote:
Hi - I was curious if anyone is using the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server with
Cassandra. It would be great be if you could share how you got it working? For
example, what config changes have to be done in hive-site.xml, what additional
jars are required, etc.?

I have a Spark app that can programmatically query data from Cassandra using
Spark SQL and Spark-Cassandra-Connector. No problem there, but I couldn't find
any documentation for using the Thrift JDBC server for querying data from
Cassandra.

Thanks,
Mohammed