Thanks Cheng,

I thought spark-sql is using the same exact metastore, right? However, it
didn't work as expected. Here's what I did.

In spark-shell, I loaded a csv files and registered the table, say
countries.
Started the thrift server.
Connected using beeline. When I run show tables or !tables, I get empty
list of tables as follow:

*0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> !tables*

*+------------+--------------+-------------+-------------+----------+*

*| TABLE_CAT  | TABLE_SCHEM  | TABLE_NAME  | TABLE_TYPE  | REMARKS  |*

*+------------+--------------+-------------+-------------+----------+*

*+------------+--------------+-------------+-------------+----------+*

*0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> show tables ;*

*+---------+*

*| result  |*

*+---------+*

*No rows selected (0.106 seconds)*

*0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> *

Kindly advice, what am I missing? I want to read the RDD using SQL from
outside spark-shell (i.e. like any other relational database)

--

*Best Regards/أطيب المنى,*

*Anas Mosaad*
*Incorta Inc.*