Hi,
I am trying a very simple registerFunction and it is giving me errors.

I have a parquet file which I register as temp table.
Then I define a UDF.

def toSeconds(timestamp: Long): Long = timestamp/100000

sqlContext.registerFunction("toSeconds", toSeconds _)

val result = sqlContext.sql("select toSeconds(timestamp) from blah");
I get the following error.
java.lang.RuntimeException: [1.18] failure: ``)'' expected but `timestamp'
found

select toSeconds(timestamp) from blah

My end goal is as follows:
We have log file with timestamps in microseconds and I would like to group
by entries with second level precision, so eventually I want to run the
query
select toSeconds(timestamp) as t, count(x) from table group by t,x