I am afraid not. The whole point of Spark Streaming is to make it easy to
do complicated processing on streaming data while interoperating with core
Spark, MLlib, SQL without the operational overheads of maintain 4 different
systems. As a slight cost of achieving that unification, there maybe some
overheads compared to specialized systems that are designed to one specific
thing.

If you have to do something simple that could have been done using Flume,
then the resources needed by the Spark Streaming program shouldn't be too
high. Can you provide more details?

TD