Hi Cheng,

I tried both these patches, and seems still not resolve my issue. And I
found the most time is spend on this line in newParquet.scala:

ParquetFileReader.readAllFootersInParallel(
  sparkContext.hadoopConfiguration, seqAsJavaList(leaves), taskSideMetaData)

Which need read all the files under the Parquet folder, while our Parquet
folder has a lot of Parquet files (near 2000), read one file need about 2
seconds, so it become very slow ... And the PR 5231 did not skip this steps
so it not resolve my issue.

As our Parquet files are generated by a Spark job, so the number of
.parquet files is same with the number of tasks, that is why we have so
many files. But these files actually have the same schema. Is there any way
to merge these files into one, or avoid scan each of them?

--
郑旭东
Zheng, Xudong