From: Michal Michalski
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM
To: user
Subject: Best practices on testing Spark jobs

Hi,

I have two questions regarding testing Spark jobs:

1. Is it possible to use Mockito for that purpose? I tried to use it, but it
looks like there are no interactions with mocks. I didn't dive into the details
of how Mockito works, but I guess it might be because of the serialization and
how Spark distributes tasks. I'm not sure about it though and I'm looking for
confirmation.

2. If not mockito, what's the alternative? What's the recommended way to test
Spark jobs? Should I manually create mocks by e.g. extending all the classes
I'd normally mock and changing the implementation of some methods? I don't like
this idea but I can't really see any other options now.

Kind regards,
Michał Michalski,
michal.michal...@boxever.com<mailto:michal.michal...@boxever.com>