Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 14:04:11 +0800
From: luohui20...@sina.com
To: luohui20...@sina.com; hao.ch...@intel.com; daoyuan.w...@intel.com;
ssab...@gmail.com; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: 回复:回复:RE: 回复:Re: sparksql running slow while joining_2_tables.

update status after i did some tests. I modified some other parameters, found 2
parameters maybe relative.
spark_worker_instance and spark.sql.shuffle.partitions

before Today I used default setting of spark_worker_instance and
spark.sql.shuffle.partitions whose value is 1 and 200.At that time , my app
stops running at 5/200tasks.

then I changed spark_worker_instance to 2, then my app process moved on to
about 116/200 tasks.and then changed spark_worker_instance to 4, then I can get
a further progress at 176/200.however when i changed to 8 or even more ,like 12
works, it is still 176/200

Later new founds comes to me while I am trying with different
spark.sql.shuffle.partitions. If I changed to 50,400,800 partitions, it stops
at 26/50, 376/400,776/800 tasks. always leaving 24 tasks unable to finish.

Not sure why those happens.Hope this info could be helpful to solve it.

Thanks&Best regards!
罗辉 San.Luo