Yop, why not using like you said a js engine le rhino? But then I would
suggest using mapPartition instead si only one engine per partition.
Probably broadcasting the script is also a good thing to do.

I guess it's for add hoc transformations passed by a remote client,
otherwise you could simply convert the js into Scala, right?

HTH
Andy