Hi,

In all (pyspark) Spark jobs, that become somewhat more involved, I am experiencing the issue that some stages take a very long time to complete and sometimes don't at all. This clearly correlates with the size of my input data. Looking at the stage details for one such stage, I am wondering where Spark spends all this time. Take this table of the stages task metrics for example:

Metric                          Min             25th            percentile
Median          75th percentile Max
Duration                        1.4 min         1.5 min         1.7 min
1.9 min         2.3 min
Scheduler Delay                 1 ms            3 ms            4 ms
5 ms            23 ms
Task Deserialization Time       1 ms            2 ms            3 ms
8 ms            22 ms
GC Time                         0 ms            0 ms            0 ms
0 ms            0 ms
Result Serialization Time       0 ms            0 ms            0 ms
0 ms            1 ms
Getting Result Time             0 ms            0 ms            0 ms
0 ms            0 ms
Input Size / Records 23.9 KB / 1 24.0 KB / 1 24.1 KB / 1 24.1 KB / 1 24.3 KB / 1

Why is the overall duration almost 2min? Where is all this time spent, when no progress of the stages is visible? The progress bar simply displays 0 succeeded tasks for a very long time before sometimes slowly progressing.

Also, the name of the stage displayed above is `javaToPython at null:-1`, which I find very uninformative. I don't even know which action exactly is responsible for this stage. Does anyone experience similar issues or have any advice for me?

Thanks!