Nobody using Spark SQL JDBC/Thrift server with DSE Cassandra?

Mohammed

From: Mohammed Guller [mailto:moham...@glassbeam.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 11:49 AM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Anybody using Spark SQL JDBC server with DSE Cassandra?

Hi -

We have successfully integrated Spark SQL with Cassandra. We have a backend
that provides a REST API that allows users to execute SQL queries on data in
C*. Now we would like to also support JDBC/ODBC connectivity , so that user can
use tools like Tableau to query data in C* through the Spark SQL JDBC server.

However, I have been unable to find a driver that would allow the Spark SQL
Thrift/JDBC server to connect with Cassandra. DataStax provides a closed-source
driver that comes only with the DSE version of Cassandra.

I would like to find out how many people are using the Spark SQL JDBC server +
DSE Cassandra combination. If you do use Spark SQL JDBC server + DSE, I would
appreciate if you could share your experience. For example, what kind of issues
you have run into? How is the performance? What reporting tools you are using?

Thank  you.

Mohammed