It is Spark 1.3.1.e (it is AWS release .. I think it is close to Spark
1.3.1 with some bug fixes).

My report about GenericUDF not working in SparkSQL is wrong. I tested
with open-source GenericUDF and it worked fine. Just my GenericUDF
which returns Map type didn't work. Sorry about false reporting.