> On 4 Jun 2015, at 15:59, Chao Chen <kandy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But when I try to run the Pagerank from HiBench, it always cause a node to
> reboot during the middle of the work for all scala, java, and python
> versions. But works fine
> with the MapReduce version from the same benchmark.

do you mean a real server reboot? Without warning?

That's a serious problem. If it was just one server I'd look at hardware
problems, especially memory, whether you have mixed CPUs in a dual-socket
server, or even potentially HDD issue.

if its all servers then its an OS or filesystem problem.

As well as the vm.swappiness, turn off huge pages in the kernel
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-1.6.1.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-5-8.html
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cdh4/v4-2-0/CDH4-Release-Notes/cdh4ki_topic_1_3.html

See also some Hadoop/HDFS notes on filesystems, 5 years old
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/DiskSetup

Everyone generally still recommends ext3 & maybe ext4 with noatime