To set up Eclipse for Spark you should install the Scala IDE plugins:
http://scala-ide.org/download/current.html

Define your project in Maven with Scala plugins configured (you should be
able to find documentation online) and import as an existing Maven project.
The source code should be in src/main/scala but otherwise the project
structure will be the same as you'd expect in Java.

Nothing special is needed for Spark. Just define the desired Spark jars (
spark-core and possibly others, such as spark-sql) in your Maven POM as
dependencies. You should scope these dependencies as provided, since they
will automatically be on the classpath when you deploy your project to a
Spark cluster.

One thing to keep in mind is that Scala dependencies require separate jars
for different versions of Scala, and it is convention to append the Scala
version to the artifact ID. For example, if you are using Scala 2.11.x,
your dependency will be spark-core_2.11 (look on search.maven.org if you're
not sure). I think you can omit the Scala version if you're using SBT (not
sure why you would, but some people seem to prefer it).

Unit testing Spark is briefly explained in the programming guide
<https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/programming-guide.html#unit-testing>.

To deploy using spark-submit you can build the jar using mvn package if and
only if you don't have any non-Spark dependencies. Otherwise, the simplest
thing is to build a jar with dependencies (typically using the assembly
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html> or
shade <https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/> plugins).