Hello group

I am trying to use pig or spark in order to achieve following:

1. Write a batch process which will read from a file
2. Lookup hbase to see if the record exists. If so then need to compare
incoming values with hbase and update fields which do not match. Else
create a new record.

My questions:
1. Is this a good use case for pig or spark?
2. Is there any way to read hbase for each incoming record in pig without
writing map reduce code?
3. In case of spark I think we have to connect to hbase for every record.
Is thr any other way?
4. What is the best connector for hbase which gives this functionality?

Best
Ayan