In addition to Cheng's comment --
I found the similar problem when hive-site.xml is not in the class path. A
proper stack trace can pinpoint the problem.

In the mean time, you can add it into your environment through
HADOOP_CLASSPATH. (export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf/)
See more at
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cdh_rn_spark_ki.html
and look for "Spark not automatically picking up hive-site.xml".

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:01 AM, Cheng Lian <lian.cs....@gmail.com>