We are running CDH 5.4 with Spark 1.3 as our main version and that version
is configured to use the external shuffling service. We have also installed
Spark 1.5 and have configured it not to use the external shuffling service
and that works well for us so far. I would be interested myself how to
configure multiple versions to use the same shuffling service.

*Alex Rovner*
*Director, Data Engineering *
*o:* 646.759.0052

* <http://www.magnetic.com/>*