My mistake. I didn't noticed "UNBOUNDED PRECEDING" already supported.
So cumulative sum should work then.
Thanks
Yong

From: java8...@hotmail.com
To: mich...@databricks.com; deenar.toras...@gmail.com
CC: spanayo...@msn.com; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: RE: Spark SQL running totals
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:24:39 -0400

Not sure the windows function can work for his case.
If you do a "sum() over (partitioned by)", that will return a total sum per
partition, instead of a cumulative sum wanted in this case.
I saw there is a "cume_dis", but no "cume_sum".
Do we really have a "cume_sum" in Spark window function, or am I total
misunderstand about "sum() over (partitioned by)" in it?
Yong