I think this behavior is expected, since you already have 50 executors
launched, so no need to acquire additional executors. You change is not
solid, it is just hiding the log.

Again I think you should check the logs of Yarn and Spark to see if
executors are started correctly. Why resource is still not enough where you
already have 50 executors.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:48 AM, 谢廷稳 <xieting...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi SaiSai,
> I have changed  "if (numExecutorsTarget >= maxNumExecutors)"  to "if
> (numExecutorsTarget > maxNumExecutors)" of the first line in the
> ExecutorAllocationManager#addExecutors() and it rans well.
> In my opinion,when I was set minExecutors equals maxExecutors,when the
> first time to add Executors,numExecutorsTarget equals maxNumExecutors and
> it repeat printe "DEBUG ExecutorAllocationManager: Not adding executors
> because our current target total is already 50 (limit 50)".
> Thanks
> Weber

>> Hi Tingwen,
>>
>> Would you minding sharing your changes in
>> ExecutorAllocationManager#addExecutors().
>>
>> From my understanding and test, dynamic allocation can be worked when you
>> set the min to max number of executors to the same number.
>>
>> Please check your Spark and Yarn log to make sure the executors are
>> correctly started, the warning log means currently resource is not enough
>> to submit tasks.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Saisai
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:41 PM, 谢廷稳 <xieting...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I ran a SparkPi on YARN with Dynamic Allocation enabled and set
>>> spark.dynamicAllocation.maxExecutors
>>> equals