The default is to start applications with port 4040 and then increment them
by 1 as you are seeing, see docs here:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring.html#web-interfaces

You can override this behavior by setting passing the  --conf
spark.ui.port=4080 or in your code; something like this:

val conf = new SparkConf().setAppName(s"YourApp").set("spark.ui.port", "4080")
val sc = new SparkContext(conf)

While there is a rest api to return you information on the application,
http://yourserver:8080/api/v1/applications, it does not return the port
used by the application.

-Todd