From: Franc Carter <franc.car...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2015 9:23 PM
Subject: number of executors in sparkR.init()
To:  <user@spark.apache.org>

       Hi,
          I'm having trouble working out how to get the number of executors set
when using sparkR.init().
          If I start sparkR with
            sparkR  --master yarn --num-executors 6
          then I get 6 executors
          However, if start sparkR with
            sparkR

             followed by
               sc <- sparkR.init(master="yarn-client",
sparkEnvir=list(spark.num.executors='6'))
             then I only get 2 executors.
             Can anyone point me in the direction of what I might doing wrong ?
I need to initialise this was so that rStudio can hook in to SparkR
             thanks
   --
       Franc