Hi,

I am trying some basic integration and was going through the manual.

I would like to read from a topic, and get a JavaReceiverInputDStream
<String> for messages in that topic. However the example is of
JavaPairReceiverInputDStream<>. How do I get a stream for only a single
topic in Java?

Reference Page:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/streaming-kafka-integration.html

 import org.apache.spark.streaming.kafka.*;

 JavaPairReceiverInputDStream<String, String> kafkaStream =
     KafkaUtils.createStream(streamingContext,
     [ZK quorum], [consumer group id], [per-topic number of Kafka
partitions to consume]);

Also in the example above what does <String,String> signify?

Thanks
Nipun