Spark users,

I am testing different cluster spinup and batch submission jobs.  Using the
sequenceiq/spark docker package, I have succeeded in submitting "fat egg"
(analogous to "fat jar") style python code remotely over YARN.  spark-submit
--py-files is able to transmit the packaged code to the cluster and run it.

I had to read some source code to ascertain how to get the py-files feature
working with remote submission.  I noticed that the code path for py-files over
YARN protocol is considerably different from py-files over standalone protocol.
 Is the py-files behavior the same over standalone submission protocol,
compared with YARN submission protocol?

Regards,

Jeff Henrikson