From: Takeshi Yamamuro [mailto:linguin....@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 2:38 PM
To: Srinivasan Hariharan02 <srinivasan_...@infosys.com>
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Catalyst optimizer cpu/Io cost

Hi,

There no way to retrieve that information in spark.
In fact,  the current optimizer only consider the byte size of outputs in
LogicalPlan.
Related code can be found in
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/catalyst/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/catalyst/plans/logical/LogicalPlan.scala#L90

If you want to know more about catalyst, you can check the Yin Huai's slide in
spark summit 2016.
https://spark-summit.org/2016/speakers/yin-huai/
# Note: the slide is not available now, and it seems it will be in a few weeks.

// maropu

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Srinivasan Hariharan02