Hi,

I have a Spark workflow that when run on a relatively small portion of data
works fine, but when run on big data fails with strange errors. In the log
files of failed executors I found the following errors:

Firstly

> Managed memory leak detected; size = 263403077 bytes, TID = 6524

And then a series of

> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Unable to acquire 241 bytes of memory, got 0

> at
> org.apache.spark.memory.MemoryConsumer.allocatePage(MemoryConsumer.java:120)

> at
> org.apache.spark.shuffle.sort.ShuffleExternalSorter.acquireNewPageIfNecessary(ShuffleExternalSorter.java:346)

> at
> org.apache.spark.shuffle.sort.ShuffleExternalSorter.insertRecord(ShuffleExternalSorter.java:367)

> at
> org.apache.spark.shuffle.sort.UnsafeShuffleWriter.insertRecordIntoSorter(UnsafeShuffleWriter.java:237)

> at
> org.apache.spark.shuffle.sort.UnsafeShuffleWriter.write(UnsafeShuffleWriter.java:164)

> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:73)

> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:41)

> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:89)

> at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:214)

> at

> at

The job keeps failing in the same way (I tried a few times).

What could be causing such error?

I have a feeling that I'm not providing enough context necessary to understand
the issue. Please ask for any other information needed.

Thank you,

Dusan