Not using  check  pointing now.  Source is  producing 1.2million messages to
topic. We  are  using  zookeeper offsets for other  downstreams  too. That's
the  reason  going  with  createstream which  stores offsets in zookeeper.

Sent from Samsung Mobile.

<c...@koeninger.org> </div><div>Date:12/08/2016  23:42  (GMT+05:30)
KafkaUtils.createStream not picking smallest offset </div><div>

Beyond that, why are you using createStream instead of createDirectStream