I believe the Impala JDBC driver is mostly the same as the Hive
driver, but I could be wrong. In any case, the right place to ask that
question is the Impala groups (see http://impala.apache.org/).

On a side note, it is a little odd that you're trying to read data
from Impala using JDBC, instead of just telling Spark to read it
directly with its Hive support...

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 2:12 PM, twisterius <gregory.l.kar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use the spark-jdbc package to access an impala table via a
> spark data frame. From my understanding
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12312) When loading DataFrames
> from JDBC datasource with Kerberos authentication, remote executors
> (yarn-client/cluster etc. modes) fail to establish a connection due to lack
> of Kerberos ticket or ability to generate it. I found a solution to this
> issue by creating an jdbc driver which properly handles kerberos
> authenticatation
> (https://datamountaineer.com/2016/01/15/spark-jdbc-sql-server-kerberos/).
> However I cannot find the source the impala jdbc driver online. Should I
> just use a hive driver to enable kerberos authentication for impala, or is
> there a location where I can find the impala jdbc driver source. Also is the
> ticket listed above SPARK-12312 accurate, or is there an out of the box way
> for me to connect to a kerberized impala using
> sqlContext.load("jdbc",options) without having to rewrite the impala driver?

Marcelo