Personally I prefer Spark JDBC.

Both Sqoop and Spark rely on the same drivers.

I think Spark is faster and if you have many nodes you can partition your
incoming data and take advantage of Spark DAG + in memory offering.

By default Sqoop will use Map-reduce which is pretty slow.

Remember for Spark you will need to have sufficient memory

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com