Thanks for confirming Cody.
To get to use the library, I had to do:

val offsetsStore = new
ZooKeeperOffsetsStore(conf.getString("zkHosts"), "/consumers/topics/"+
topics + "/0")

It worked well. However, I had to specify the partitionId in the zkPath.
If I want the library to pick all the partitions for a topic, without me
specifying the path, is it possible out of the box or I need to tweak?

regards
Sunita