I believe for ubuntu it is unlimited but I am not 100% sure (I just read
somewhere online). I ran ulimit -a and this is what I get

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 120242
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 120242