I think in the end you need to check the coverage of your application. If your
application is well covered on the job or pipeline level (depends however on
how you implement these tests) then it can be fine.
In the end it really depends on the data and what kind of transformation you
implement. For example, you have 90% of your job with standard transformations,
but 10% are more or less complex customized functions, then it might be worth
to test the function with many different data inputs as unit tests and have
integrated job/pipeline tests in addition.