Hi Wan,

Out out tremendous curiosity why did you switch, instead of extending?
Scala will provide you fantastic advantages with its functional programming
approach and very less translation loss to SPARK internals. Infact I just
learned Scala to get a better understanding and appreciate SPARK.

If you are using a web based IDE, Jupyter is the King. If you are using an
application PyCharm is the queen. If you know to use both of them then you
are a part of the royal family.

If you are riding high in the super hyped band wagon of Data Science where
everyone wants to see graphs out of data, Jupyter works fantastically well.

Regards,
Gourav