>From our perspective, we have invested heavily in Kubernetes as our cluster
manager of choice.

We also make quite heavy use of spark.  We've been experimenting with using
these builds (2.1 with pyspark enabled) quite heavily.  Given that we've
already 'paid the price' to operate Kubernetes in AWS it seems rational to
move our jobs over to spark on k8s.  Having this project merged into the
master will significantly ease keeping our Data Munging toolchain primarily
on Spark.

Gary Lucas
Data Ops Team Lead
Unbounce