Hi,

Which spatial operations do you require exactly? Also, I don't follow what
you mean by combining logical operators?

I have created a library that wraps Lucene's spatial functionality here:
https://github.com/zouzias/spark-lucenerdd/wiki/Spatial-search

You could give a try to the library, it supports intersections / within /
etc. Ideally, I try to push all spatial Lucene features in the library.

See also, https://github.com/zouzias/spark-lucenerdd/wiki/Related-Work for
related libraries.

Best,
Anastasios