What do you mean all possible workloads?
You cannot prepare any system to do all possible processing.

We do not know the requirements of your data scientists now or in the future so
it is difficult to say. How do they work currently without the new solution? Do
they all work on the same data? I bet you will receive on your email a lot of
private messages trying to sell their solution that solves everything - with
the information you provided this is impossible to say.

Then with every system: have incremental releases but have then in short time
frames - do not engineer a big system that you will deliver in 2 years. In the
cloud you have the perfect possibility to scale feature but also infrastructure
wise.

Challenges with concurrent queries is the right definition of the scheduler (eg
fairscheduler) that not one query take all the resources or that long running
queries starve.

User interfaces: what could help are notebooks (Jupyter etc) but you may need
to train your data scientists. Some may know or prefer other tools.