You can't create a network connection to kafka on the driver and then
serialize it to send it the executor.  That's likely why you're getting
serialization errors.

Kafka producers are thread safe and designed for use as a singleton.

Use a lazy singleton instance of the producer on the executor, don't pass
it in.