yes , spark download page does mention that 2.2.1 is for 'hadoop-2.7 and
later', but my confusion is because spark was released on 1st dec and
hadoop-3 stable version released on 13th Dec. And  to my similar question
on stackoverflow.com
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47920005/how-is-hadoop-3-0-0-s-compatibility-with-older-versions-of-hive-pig-sqoop-and>
, Mr. jacek-laskowski
<https://stackoverflow.com/users/1305344/jacek-laskowski> replied that
spark-2.2.1 doesn't support hadoop-3. so I am just looking for more clarity
on this doubt before moving on to upgrades.

Thanks all for help.
Akshay.