That means the consumer on the executor tried to seek to the specified
offset, but the message that was returned did not have a matching
offset.  If the executor can't get the messages the driver told it to
get, something's generally wrong.

What happens when you try to consume the particular failing offset
from another  (e.g. commandline) consumer?

Is the topic in question compacted?