Hello,
I am facing an issue with Spark Conf while reading the Cassandra host property
from the default spark configuration file.

I use Kafka 2.11.0.10 and Spark 2.2.1, Cassandra 3.11. I have a Docker
container where spark master, worker and my app running as standalone cluster
mode. I have a spark app using structured streaming pipeline reading from Kafka
and storing to Cassandra. I use for each sink to write the streaming data to
Cassandra. In for each writer, my application forgets the cassandra host
specified in spark defaults. I print out the Spark config when the Spark
application starts and I see that the application reads
spark.cassandra.connection.host and prints out properly.

However, when I start publishing messages to Kafka and for each writer
triggered, I see that it tries to connect localhost by default and forgets/does
not read the host in the Spark defaults.

Any idea what I am dealing with here. I am out of options.

The source code is available here:
Application:
https://github.com/ibyrktr/metric/blob/master/metricconsumer/src/main/java/eu/dipherential/metricconsumer/stream/MetricEventConsumer.java

For each writer: (to workaround I set it manually again)

https://github.com/ibyrktr/metric/blob/master/metricconsumer/src/main/java/eu/dipherential/metricconsumer/store/HourlyMetricStatsByIdSink.java

Thanks.
Regards,
Ismail Bayraktar