Hi Vijay:
I am using spark-shell because I am still prototyping the steps involved.
Regarding executors - I have 280 executors and UI only show a few straggler
tasks on each trigger.  The UI does not show too much time spend on GC.
suspect the delay is because of getting data from kafka. The number of
straggler is generally less than 5 out 240 but sometimes is higher.

I will try to dig more into it and see if changing partitions etc helps but was
wondering if anyone else has encountered similar stragglers holding up
processing of a window trigger.
Thanks