From: Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Sent: 22 February 2022 16:49
To: Kidong Lee <mykid...@gmail.com>; Saurabh Gulati <saurabh.gul...@fedex.com>
Cc: user@spark.apache.org <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Need to make WHERE clause compulsory in Spark SQL

Ok interesting.

I am surprised why you are not using BigQuery and using Hive. My assumption is
that your Spark is version 3.1.1 with standard GKE on auto-scaler. What
benefits are you getting from Using Hive here? As you have your hive tables on
gs buckets, you can easily download your hive tables into BigQuery and run
spark on BigQuery?

HTH

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 at 15:34, Saurabh Gulati