Hi,

I do not think that there is any reason for using over engineered platforms
like Petastorm and Ray, except for certain use cases.

What Ray is doing, except for certain use cases, could have been easily
done by SPARK, I think, had the open source community got that steer. But
maybe I am wrong and someone should be able to explain why the SPARK open
source community cannot develop the capabilities which are so natural to
almost all use cases of data processing in SPARK where the data gets
consumed by deep learning frameworks and we are asked to use Ray or
Petastorm?

For those of us who are asking what does native integrations means please
try to compare delta between release 2.x and 3.x and koalas before 3.2 and
after 3.2.

I am sure that the SPARK community can push for extending the dataframes
from SPARK to deep learning and other frameworks by natively integrating
them.

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta