Hello Spark Users Group,

I've just recently started working on tools that use Apache Spark.
When I try WAITFOR in the spark-sql command line, I just get:

Error: Error running query:
org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.parser.ParseException:

mismatched input 'WAITFOR' expecting (.. list of allowed commands..)

1) Why is WAITFOR not allowed? Is there another way to get a process to
sleep for a desired period of time? I'm trying to test a timeout issue and
need to simulate a sleep behavior.

2) Is there documentation that outlines why WAITFOR is not supported? I did
not find any good matches searching online.

Thanks,
Ram