Looks like Maven build did find the javac, just can't run it.  So it's not a path problem but a compatibility problem.  Are you doing this on a Mac with M1/M2?  I don't think that Zulu JDK supports Apple silicon.   Your best option would be to use homebrew to install the dev tools (including OpenJDK) on Mac.  On Ubuntu, it seems still the compatibility problem.  Try to use the apt to install your dev tools, don't do it manually.  If you manually install JDK, it doesn't install hardware-optimized JVM libraries.

On 3/7/23 8:21 AM, ckgppl_...@sina.cn wrote:
No. I haven't installed Apple Developer Tools. I have installed Zulu OpenJDK 11.0.17 manually.
So I need to install Apple Developer Tools?
----- 原始邮件 -----
发件人:Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
收件人:ckgppl_...@sina.cn
抄送人:user <user@spark.apache.org>
主题:Re: Build SPARK from source with SBT failed
日期:2023年03月07日 20点58分

This says you don't have the java compiler installed. Did you install the Apple Developer Tools package?

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 1:42 AM <ckgppl_...@sina.cn> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have tried to build SPARK source codes with SBT in my local dev
    environment (MacOS 13.2.1). But it reported following error:
    [error] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
    "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-11.jdk/Contents/bin/javac"
    (in directory "/Users/username/spark-remotemaster"): error=2, No
    such file or directory

    [error] at
    java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128)

    [error] at
    java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071)

    [error] at
    scala.sys.process.ProcessBuilderImpl$Simple.run(ProcessBuilderImpl.scala:75)

    [error] at

scala.sys.process.ProcessBuilderImpl$AbstractBuilder.run(ProcessBuilderImpl.scala:106)

    I need to export JAVA_HOME to let it run successfully. But if I
    use maven then I don't need to export JAVA_HOME. I have also tried
    to build SPARK with SBT in Ubuntu X86_64 environment. It reported
    similar error.
      The official SPARK documentation  haven't mentioned export
    JAVA_HOME operation. So I think this is a bug which needs
    documentation or scripts change. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Thanks

    Liang