LoadAwareShuffleGrouping by setting topology.disable.loadaware.messaging: true
all 4 nodes get tuples and all are happy.
FWIW
    On Friday, November 13, 2020, 03:07:00 PM EST, Paul Jose
<paul...@ugamsolutions.com> wrote:

 Hi Michael,

Could it be that the tuples are getting executed much faster on the ontology
bolt workers than at what rate your transform bolt is executing? Therefore the
same node would always be ready faster than other workers on other nodes..
If your transform bolt is executing faster than how fast your ontology bolts
are processing, then I'm not really sure why you're facing this issue..

Best Regards,
PaulFrom: Michael Giroux <michael_a_gir...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:23:43 AM
To: user@storm.apache.org <user@storm.apache.org>
Subject: Problem moving topology from 1.2.3 to 2.2.0 - tuple distribution
across cluster Hello, all,
I have a topology with 16 workers running across 4 nodes.  This topology has a
bolt "transform" with executors=1 producing a stream that is comsumed by a bolt
"ontology" with executors=160.  Everything is configured as shufflegrouping.
With Storm 1.2.3 all of the "ontology" bolts get their fair share of tuples.
When I run Storm 2.2.0 only the "ontology" bolts that are on the same node as
the single "transform" bolt get tuples.
Same cluster - same baseline code - only difference is binding in the new maven
artifact.
No errors in the logs.
Any thoughts would be welcome.  Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Disclaimer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to their author and do
not necessarily represent views and opinions of Ugam. Our employees are obliged
not to make any defamatory statement or infringe any legal right. Therefore,
Ugam does not accept any responsibility or liability for such statements. The
content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified
in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message
with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.If you have
received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with
its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the
future. Warning: Sufficient measures have been taken to scan any presence of
viruses however the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses as full security of the email cannot be ensured despite
our best efforts.Therefore, Ugam accepts no liability for any damage inflicted
by viewing the content of this email.. ****
Please do not print this email unless it is necessary. Every unprinted email
helps the environment.