On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Jim Macalister <jimmacalis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To get to my point. Struts2 is a great framework and we do use it for
> production systems. I think we should all contribute at least by donating
> directly to the struts2 developers. This will ensure the life of the
> project as well. I suggest that the core developers should be compensated
> for their efforts and i am willing to donate with no contract. I am sure
> this will free the developers from other tasks.
>
> Please set up a mechanism for us to donate.

Thanks Jim.

Within the ASF we only provide a mechanism to donate to the ASF itself.
All projects will benefit from it. See:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

If you would like to support individual developers then currently you
need to contact them
directly or check out their websites if they accept donations.

Also sometimes we run small community events, like the Strutsathon:
http://strutsathon.opensource.io
At this event, 4 committers of Struts are participating and travel on own cost.
You can of course donate here too to reduce traveling cost or for dinner.

Cheers,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de