> Christoph I understand why this happens, I was simply asking if there
was a
> better way to do this using some struts session magic or such. Seems
there
> isn't so I'll just do it the old long winded way.

If you want to store attached entities in session you can make your
actions SessionAware:
http://struts.apache.org/docs/http-session.html

Of course that means you introduce state on your server which causes lots
of problems.

If you want to keep your app stateless struts can help you with loading
and updating entities via the "paramsPrepareParamsStack".

You can read a little about it here:
http://struts.apache.org/docs/interceptors.html

Regards,
Christoph