On 2016-10-31 15:58 (-0400), Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org> wrote:
> <ronald.a.ander...@gmail.com>:
> > My actions are working fine by following the convention rules - no
> > struts.xml required; I need to configure a custom interceptor, so
> > struts.xml is required. As soon as I add the struts.xml, the following
> > exception is returned:
> >
> > Oct 30, 2016 1:54:22 PM org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher error
> > SEVERE: Exception occurred during processing request: No result defined for
> > action net.codejava.struts.LoginAction and result success
> > No result defined for action net.codejava.struts.LoginAction and result
> > success
> >
> > How can the struts.xml be configured to ignore the action or how can the
> > convention plugin override the struts.xml? Do not want to add the
> > LoginAction to the struts.xml
>
> Can you post content of your struts.xml? I think you have defined a
> main package and that's why such action isn't available.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> Hi Lakasz

Below is the struts.xml and LoginAction (for reference). Using default for
package name in struts.xml:
Just want to use the conventional plugin and struts.xml for interceptors but no
actions defined in struts.xml via conventional plugin

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.3//EN"
        "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.3.dtd";>
<struts>
        <!-- constant to define result path locations to project root directory
-->
        <constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/"></constant>

        <package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
        <interceptors>
            <interceptor name="myCustomInterceptor"
class="net.codejava.struts.MyCustomInterceptor" />
            <interceptor-stack name="customStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="myCustomInterceptor"/>
            </interceptor-stack>
        </interceptors>
    </package>

</struts>

package net.codejava.struts;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.annotations.EmailValidator;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.annotations.RequiredStringValidator;

public class LoginAction extends ActionSupport {
        /**
         *
         */
        private static final long serialVersionUID = -7413249884096556212L;
        private String email;
        private String password;

        public String execute() {
                if (email != null && email.equals("ad...@codejava.net")) {
                        return SUCCESS;
                } else {
                        return INPUT;

        @RequiredStringValidator(message = "Please enter your e-mail address.")
        @EmailValidator(message = "Please enter a valid e-mail address.")
        public void setEmail(String email) {
                this.email = email;
        }

        @RequiredStringValidator(message = "Please enter your password.")
        public void setPassword(String password) {
                this.password = password;
        }

        public String getEmail() {
                return email;